Spending twenty-five years together is a great achievement for any couple! While there are ups and downs, this is a milestone to celebrate with the perfect 25th wedding anniversary gift.
This brings us to the question: What is the 25th wedding anniversary gift?
- It's silver, which means this is your silver.wedding anniversary.
- It has always been silver: the traditional and modern symbol are both silver.
- The symbolic flower is the iris.
25 years is a long time, and you may already have a large family or group of friends, which gives you every reason to celebrate this important day with them.
You decide how and where you want to celebrate that special day. The options are limitless, it all depends on your creativity, time and of course resources!
Are you planning to have a party? Here is our recommended list of MUST HAVE accessories.
To see more of our recommendations, check out our:
Recommended anniversary gifts for couples
Recommended birthday gifts for him
Recommended birthday gifts for her
by the way did you know thatthis is the best selling gift on amazon for any birthday event? We were surprised! What do you think? Leave a comment below.
Why is the 25th wedding anniversary called the silver anniversary?
Living 25 years together is an important milestone in the life of a couple, because a quarter of a century has passed with the same partner. That is why it is one of the most celebrated birthdays.
Sterling silver has been the traditional and modern symbol for 25 years because it is a special achievement. Sterling silver, meanwhile, is a metal known for its shine and shine.
It correctly represents 25 years of marriage because it shows that despite having gone through so much trouble in life, their love for each other is still as bright and radiant as it was 25 years ago.
In addition, silver also symbolizes the necessary harmony and the basis for living in harmony for so many years. Life throws so many things at you - obviously there have been fights and fights but it takes a lot of patience, love and understanding to move on and stay together in harmony all these years.
How should your 25th wedding anniversary be celebrated?
Obviously, there are no firm rules applicable here. You have to decide based on your preferences and priorities. If you want to party with friends, you can organize a dinner at your favorite hotel and invite your loved ones.
If you want something private, why not think outside the box and do something like taking a day trip to Silver Springs, Florida or Maryland? Alternatively, you can head to Silver Strand Beach in California or Ireland, depending on your time or available budget.
Then again, there's no rule that says you can't go on a regular date today! If the two of you haven't been able to spend time together for a long time, nothing will make her feel better than going to the movies, a concert, or even a theater event together. Make the night even more special by taking her out to dinner afterward, where you can gift her a ring or have a band play her favorite song.
What is the color of the 25th wedding anniversary?
Its symbolic color is silver, which makes this anniversary so special. Its color and modern and traditional symbols are all the same!
What is the 25th wedding anniversary flower?
The symbolic flower is the iris because it is a symbol of elegance and sophistication. It is traditionally a symbol of hope, faith, admiration, courage and wisdom, all of which have been embodied in these 25 years of their relationship together.
It is a harbinger of good news, so it is an appropriate choice, because announcing your 25 years together is really good news. In addition, it also emits a pleasant fragrance, which is why it is used in perfumes.
You can give her a single iris flower or even an entire bouquet. If you both love gardening, perhaps you could gift her a lily plant or bulb so that the plant will remind you of this symbolic anniversary for years to come. You can make the year even more special by presenting your iris flowers during your silver anniversary year!
Don't worry if you don't get iris flowers. While Iris is the first preference, you might also consider introducing her to bluebells, which are also from the same family. This is a flower known for consistency and enduring love and indicates that you are looking forward to many years of marriage.
Alternatively, you can add some small flowers like baby breath to the bouquet, because baby breath has a slight silvery tint anyway. Anyway, silver is also this year's official color, all the more reason to add it.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him or Her
For now, the first option gets you 25.wedding anniversary giftit is something made of silver, such as silver medallions, champagne flutes, and precious jewelry or engraved keepsakes. However, I must mention here that you don't have to do this at all, and you can only present yourself with something made or that has money.
Allwedding anniversaries have symbols associated with the respective year. You can keep the tradition going by at least making sure your gift has something to do with the symbol, which here is silver.
You will be amazed at the options available. Just go check out sites like Amazon and eBay. You're sure to find something for him and her, including silver. Most people assume that you can find a lot of things made from silver just for women. However, you will be surprised how many gifts there are for men too!
Here are some suggestions.
• You can always give her a silver rose. Coating freshly cut roses with silver makes a perfect everlasting decoration.Gift.
• Alternatively, you can gift her an everlasting iris as iris flower earrings.
• Why not give him a stained glass window with lilies? Once installed in your home, the window is part of and remembers the 25 years we spent together forever.
• If you both love a good bottle of wine, then a 1993 vintage wine bottle makes a unique gift. This was actually my gift to Eleanor, which I easily found at my local bodega. You can also order online.
• You can also present a set of silver goblets to complement the wine.
• Instead of the usual silver pendant or earring, a silver infinity necklace pendant is a unique piece of jewelry for this special day. It honors the years we spent together and also shows your commitment to endless coexistence.
• If it's within your budget and you've always wanted it, that's the right reason to get her a diamond band for eternity. She will proudly wear it every day as a reminder of their love and accomplishments together in life so far and their commitment to the future.
• If your husband loves music, make a compilation of his favorite songs or songs that have special meanings or some songs that represent your relationship. Wrap the CD or thumb drive in a silver ribbon and present it.
• Create a list of all the crazy things you've done as a couple, from our dating days to when we had kids and needed our time, and all the other fun but special things we've done. List everything on a poster and frame it in a silver frame and present it.
• You could also give him something he wears every day, such as silver cufflinks, key chains, a silver tie or safety pin, or even a silver-rimmed wallet. You will be reminded of this year every time you use it.
This is our favorite gift that we found online. What do you think?
Is that you?
So how do you celebrate your birthday? Sometimes, after so many years together, you may have surprised each other so many times that you run out of ideas. That's why I found this post quite interesting while looking for an ideal silver.birthday gift. https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/8kyhup/today_is_our_25th_wedding_anniversary_she_got_me/
Looking at this publication, I thought that the most important and effective gift at this time in life is something handmade, taking into account each person's preferences or hobbies.
I mean, it's the understanding they share that has gotten them through so many years together. And usually by then you'll have settled down in life, you'll have kids and maybe even grandkids, so you'll have time to pursue hobbies you never had time for before.
That's why we also thought you could treat yourself to these gifts too:
• Make your favorite cookies – how long has it been since you made a new batch?
• Go on a date like you used to 25 years ago.
• Embroider your names on your handkerchiefs
• Have a candlelit dinner. Anyway, you don't have to worry about the kids!
• Let him take a break and order takeout.
• Book an appointment at the spa and receive a relaxing massage and sauna bath
• Personalize mugs or t-shirts for the two of you with words like We still have chemistry after 25 years!
• If you've never gotten a tattoo but always wanted to, maybe you could get one by inscribing each other's names with your wedding date.
So you see, there are so many things you can get him to celebrate your 25 years together. There are so many options to choose from, and since every couple is unique, it's up to you to decide based on your budget and time. Regardless of what you choose to give or do, you should be proud to have spent 25 years together! Keeps!
Other articles of interest:
What is the 20th wedding anniversary?
What is the 30th wedding anniversary?
Other questions people ask:
What advice do I give the bride?
We answered this in our blog post “Wedding advice for the bride.where we give you a complete and honest answer based on research on what advice people who have been married for many years would give.