Spending twenty-five years together is a tremendous achievement for any couple! While there are ups and downs, this is a milestone to celebrate with the perfect 25th wedding anniversary gift.
Which brings us to the question: what is the 25th wedding anniversary gift?
- It's silver, which means this is your silver.Wedding day.
- It has always been silver: the traditional and the modern symbol are both silver.
- The symbolic flower is the iris.
25 years is a long time and you may already have had a large family or circle of friends, which gives you every reason to celebrate this important day with them.
You decide how and where you want to celebrate this special day. The possibilities are limitless, it all depends on your creativity, time and of course your resources!
Are you planning a party? Here is our recommended list of MUST HAVE accessories.
To see more of our recommendations visit our:
Recommended Anniversary Gifts for Couples
Recommended anniversary gifts for him
Recommended anniversary gifts for her
by the way you knew thatThis is the best selling gift on Amazon for ANY anniversary event? We were surprised! What do you think? Leave a comment below.
Why is the 25th wedding anniversary called a silver anniversary?
Living together for twenty-five years is an important milestone in the life of a married couple because a quarter of a century has been spent with the same partner. That is why it is one of the most celebrated anniversaries.
For 25 years, sterling silver has been both the traditional and the modern symbol because it is a special achievement. Sterling silver, on the other hand, is a metal known for its brilliance and shine.
It accurately represents 25 years of married life because it shows that despite so many problems in life, their love for one another is still as bright and radiant as it was 25 years ago.
In addition, silver also symbolizes the necessary harmony and the basis for such a long life in harmony. Life throws so many things at you - obviously there have been struggles and struggles but it takes a lot of patience, love and understanding to keep going and stay together in harmony all these years.
How should your 25th wedding anniversary be celebrated?
Obviously there is no hard and fast rule here. You have to decide according to your preferences and priorities. If you want to celebrate with friends, you can organize a dinner at your favorite hotel and invite your loved ones.
If you want something private, why not think outside the box and take a day trip to Silver Springs in Florida or Maryland, for example? Alternatively, drive to Silver Strand Beach in California or Ireland, depending on time or budget.
Then again, there's no rule that says you can't have a normal date today! If the two of you haven't been able to spend much time together in a long time, nothing will make her feel better than going to the movies, a concert, or even the theater together. Make the evening even more special by taking her out to dinner afterwards, where you can give her a ring or have a band play her favorite tunes.
What color is the 25th wedding anniversary?
Its symbol color is silver, which makes this anniversary very special. Its modern and traditional colors and symbols are all the same!
What is the 25th wedding anniversary flower?
The symbolic flower is the iris because it is a symbol of elegance and sophistication. It is traditionally a symbol of hope, faith, admiration, courage and wisdom, all embodied in these 25 years of mutual relationship.
It's a harbinger of good news, so it's a fitting choice, because the announcement of their 25-year relationship is really good news. In addition, it also gives off a pleasant scent, which is why it is used in perfumes.
You can gift her a single iris flower or even a whole bouquet. If you both enjoy gardening, perhaps you could give her a lily plant or bulb so that the plant will remind you of this symbolic anniversary for years to come. You can make the year even more special by perhaps displaying your iris flowers in the Silver Jubilee year!
Don't worry if you can't get iris flowers. While irises are the first preference, you might also consider introducing them to bluebells, which are also from the same family. Known for constancy and enduring love, this flower indicates that you look forward to many more years of marriage.
Alternatively, you can add small flowers like gypsophila to the bouquet, as gypsophila has a slight silver hue anyway. Anyway, silver is also this year's official color, another reason to add it.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him or Her
Right now you get about 25 as the first option.wedding anniversary giftIt's something made of silver, like silver medallions, champagne flutes, and valuable jewelry or engraved keepsakes. However, I have to mention here that you don't have to do it at all and can only present yourself with something done or with money.
atWedding anniversaries have symbols associated with their respective year. You can keep up with tradition by at least making sure your gift has something to do with the symbol, which here is silver.
You will be surprised what possibilities there are. Just look at sites like Amazon and eBay. You're sure to find something for him and her, including silver. Most people assume that you can find many things made of silver only for women. However, you will be surprised how many gifts there are for men too!
Here are a few suggestions.
• You can always give her a silver rose. Coating freshly cut roses in silver makes a perfect eternitygift.
• Alternatively, you can gift her everlasting Iris-like Iris Blossom Earrings.
• Why not give him a stained glass window with lilies? Once installed in your home, the window is a part and a reminder of the 25 years you spent together forever.
• If you both love a good bottle of wine, then a bottle of 1993 wine makes a unique gift. This was actually my gift to Eleanor, which I found easily at my local bodega. You can also order online.
• You can also present a set of silver wine glasses to complement the wine.
• Instead of the usual silver pendant or earring, a silver infinity pendant is a unique piece of jewelry for that special day. It recognizes the years we have spent together and also shows your commitment to eternal life together.
• If it's within your budget and you've always wanted it, this is the right reason to give her a diamond eternity band. She will wear it proudly every day as a reminder of her love and achievements in life so far and her commitment to the future.
• If your husband loves music, make a compilation of his favorite songs, or songs that have special meaning, or some songs that represent your relationship. Wrap the CD or USB stick in a silver ribbon and present it.
• Make a list of all the crazy things you've done as a couple, from our days together until we had kids and needed our time, and all the other fun but special things we've done. List everything on a poster and frame it in a silver frame and display it.
• You can also give him something he wears every day, such as silver cufflinks, key rings, a silver tie or lapel pin, or even a silver-rimmed wallet. Every time you wear it you will be reminded of this year.
This is our favorite gift we've found online. How about?
So how do you celebrate your anniversary? Sometimes, after spending so many years together, you may have surprised each other so many times that you run out of ideas. That's why I found this post very interesting in my search for an ideal silver.anniversary gift. https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/8kyhup/today_is_our_25th_wedding_anniversary_she_got_me/
Looking at this publication, I thought that the most important and effective gift at this moment in life is something handmade, taking into account each individual's preferences or hobbies.
I mean, it's the understanding they share that got them through so many years together. And usually by this point in life you are settled in, have children and maybe even grandchildren, giving you time to pursue hobbies you never had time for before.
That's why we thought that you could also give yourself these gifts:
• Bake your favorite cookies - how long has it been since you baked a new batch?
• Go on a date like you did 25 years ago.
• Embroider your names on your handkerchiefs
• Treat yourself to a candlelight dinner. No need to worry about the kids anyway!
• Let him take a break and order food home.
• Book an appointment at the spa and enjoy a relaxing massage and sauna bath
• Personalize coffee mugs or t-shirts for both of you with words like we still have chemistry after 25 years!
• If you've never had a tattoo before but have always wanted to, perhaps you could get one together by writing your wedding date on each other's names.
So you see, there are so many things you can give him to commemorate your 25 years together. There are so many options to choose from and since each pair is unique, decide based on your budget and time. Regardless of what you give or do, you should be proud to have spent 25 years together! Go on!
Other interesting articles:
What is the 20th wedding anniversary?
What is the 30th wedding anniversary?
Other questions people ask:
What advice do I give the bride?
We talked about that in our blog post “Marriage counseling for the bride.where we give you a full and honest answer based on research what advice people who have been married for many years would give.